PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Handmade Gift Exchange

This June I signed up for Craftaholics Anonymous' twice yearly Handmade Gift Exchange. 
I never participated in an exchange like this before and had no idea what to expect. Linda of Craftaholics Anonymous used a website called Elfster to host the exchange and it turned out awesome.

I was able to create a list of things I liked and wanted (and even one of things I didn't need) and the participants where able to secretly communicate with each other to ask questions about favorite colors and such in order to taylor the gift to the person who would be receiving it. Overall, it was super easy and I really want to participate in the next one in November.

You can find more details here:

My mother-in-law told me of beautiful things she's made for exchanges like this, sent hers off to it's recipient and in return received Humpty Dumpty's left overs. This made me a bit leery of what I might receive. However, I couldn't be more delighted with what arrived in the mail from my "secret elf". 





I received a cutely wrapped gift and handwritten card from artist, Angela Spencer, 


Inside was this beautiful amethyst necklace. Not only is amethyst my birthstone, but purple is my favorite color!


So pretty, right?
(it went well the new cake stand I just got from TJ Maxx)



Thank you, Angela, for this beautiful necklace! 

I encourage you to check out the next exchange. Here's the linky party with some of the other items that where made from professional crafters and novices alike.











No comments:

Post a Comment